- The institution must provide an appropriate educational environment, ensuring appropriate trainee supervision and responsibility to deliver quality care. It can be EUSOMA accredited or fulfill “The requirements of a specialist breast center” (Biganzoli L, Cardoso F, Beishon M, Cameron D, Cataliotti L, Coles CE, et al. The requirements of a specialist breast centre. Breast. 2020;51:65-84).
- Each breast unit should have a core team made up of health professionals who have undergone specialist training in breast cancer.
- Participating Institutions have to accredit a breast surgery unit with at least 150 new primary breast cancer cases a year and carry at least a weekly multidisciplinary team meeting.
- A description of the Training Environment, facilities and resources to accomplish with the BRESO program (2 pages limit) and a description of the program design that includes the rotation schedule (3 pages limit) is required.
- It is believed that because of different requirements in the countries to practice medicine, most of the trainees will perform the majority of the training in their own country, and can apply for monthly or weekly periods in other countries to complete the training requirements.
- The program can start anytime in the year depending on the Institution.
- The approved Breast Units will be included in the BRESO webpage “Breast units for training”
- To apply for participation please fill in this questionnaire and send it back to the BRESO Secretariat with the description of the training programme and the biosketch of the core faculty members involved (see below).
BRESO PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The BRESO program director at each Institution should be able to:
- Manage and coordinate the activities and clinical rotations of the trainees in the BRESO accreditation
- Provide clinical education, coordination of divisional educational activities, and direct clinical care
- Develop, revise and improve the trainee curriculum
- Closely evaluate the trainee performance
- Sign the log book
Core Faculty that are involved in education/training/mentoring of fellow:
- the faculty should demonstrate evidence of scholarly activity in breast diseases as evidenced by participation in basic science research; clinical research protocols; or presentations at local, regional, or national meetings.
- Please provide a biographical sketch of the core faculty involved in the program.
- Please describe the program that will include not only surgical and non-surgical rotations but also schedule of MDT, conferences, journal clubs, and all the didactic programs, also include time devoted to research (basic and /or clinical)
- Each participant's progress during the program must be formally evaluated in writing and feedback provided to the participant at least semi-annually by the program director and faculty. The participant should be advised of any deficiencies in time to correct problems prior to completion of the fellowship.
- Participants will be given the opportunity to evaluate the program overall thanks to an evaluation form provided by BRESO. as well as all rotations, conferences, and faculty. The program director should regularly assess the post-training clinical and research activities of past fellows to determine whether the goals of the training programs are being achieved.