Representing leading societies and organisations involved in breast surgery specialisation and accreditation, the mission of BRESO is to raise and harmonise the quality and standards of breast surgical oncology across Europe.
BRESO intends to develop the highest standards of breast surgical oncology in a multidisciplinary setting, for the benefits of breast cancer patients who should receive the best available care across Europe, no matter which country they live in.
BRESO’s vision is for all women affected by breast cancer to be treated by specialists trained and accredited in breast surgical oncology.
BRESO aims to achieve its goal by:
- Offering the leading platform for education and training in breast surgical oncology
- Providing a European-wide accreditation of specialist breast cancer surgeons
- Promoting and initiating multi-national audits of standards in breast cancer surgical care, prospective data collection
- Facilitating availability and compliance with multidisciplinary guidelines and practice of quality cancer care, including the availability of oncoplastic breast surgery and reconstruction for all cancer patients across Europe
- Leading on, and collaborating with policymakers on the homogenisation of quality breast cancer management within Europe to achieve the best long-term outcomes and patient satisfaction
- Coordinating and bring together specialists involved in breast cancer surgical oncology and reconstructive surgery within a multidisciplinary environment
- Promoting collaboration with core members of the multidisciplinary breast cancer care specialties
- Working closely with patient advocacy and support groups to provide them guidance in achieving the common goal of “highest quality cancer care for all European breast patients”
- Publishing position papers, guidelines, reviews